Feature Artist Of The Week


This weeks feature artist is Frances Pentland. The first time I met her, I walked into a rest room at the Tennessee Nail Tech Convention. She was at the mirror adjusting her lip gloss. I knew immediately she'd gone through something harsh...something none of us want to face. Don't get me wrong. She was dressed to the "9's" and had this adorable jeweled headband on...but very little hair. That's how I knew. She spoke to me so kind and bubbly. That's when I knew I wanted to get to know this person.




Here's her story...
"My shop *All that glitters* is at 724 west g street Elizabethan, TN and I took my first appointment December 15 2015 😊 I had worked at Austin springs for almost 11 years and after my whole breast cancer experience. It was a huge reminder that life is too short to be anything but happy! 

I've been in nail pro a few times and nails magazine for readers nail art and they both did a wonderful article last October on my journey. I've been a nail tech for 11 years, massage therapist for 9, and an aesthetician for almost 4 years so I can do anything except your hair! 😂  Nails is and always will be my absolute passion. And glitter. I'm so thankful that I get to go to work everyday and corrupt one lady at a time to experience the fun that glitter adds to your life!

As far as my journey, in the last two years I've had a double mastectomy, chemo, radiation, one reconstruction, and a hysterectomy. I have one more reconstruction on October 25th and here's hoping I'll officially be done with my crazy! I was stage 2b and was brca1+ which is why I went with the hysterectomy in the end. Throughout all of it, it was my nail friends and family that along with my sweet family made it the amazing journey it was! 

I know I sound crazy but it really was an eye opener and in a weird way I don't think I would've *jumped* and decided to pursue my own happy. I'll always be grateful for that! I'm married to a sweet man who tolerates my glitter addiction and am a fur baby momma to a crazy min pin named Damien and a very spoiled cat named Mouse 😆"


Frances specializes in natural nail care.

Just a few weeks ago I got to spend some personal time with Frances. Even got to sit next to her at dinner one evening. I can tell you this--she is a rare find. A true jewel of a person and one our industry is very lucky to have.
Tracy & Frances
2016 Nail Tech Networking Event

Frances is booked the remainder of this year, but you can always get on her wait list!






No comments:

Post a Comment